Monday, April 21, 2008

Moving On

Things are finally back to normal around here, HOORAY! Everyone is eating and drinking okay, nobody's sick (knock on wood), Sweet Pea's back at school and Slipshod is back at work.

The Bug hasn't asked to nurse for two or three days now. She is sleeping much better (nighttime AND naptime), which means I'm getting more sleep too, YAY! I will be interested to see if weaning also makes her stop having so many ear infections. Of course, we're coming out of cold season now so we might not be able to tell, but I had one friend tell me that her younger child, who liked to night nurse to excess, got a lot of ear infections but as soon as she weaned her, the ear infections stopped. We shall see if that works for The Bug as well.

I've been enjoying cooking more and have plans and ingredients for another soup and some more muffins this week (will have to plan & grocery shop for more, but at least we've got stuff for a meal). My parents are coming on Sunday evening so I'm going to make some more of that faboo granola for the weekend, as well as make some fresh yogurt because my mom loves it and I almost always forget to make it when she comes over. Trying to remember this week!

Yesterday I kicked the laundry's ASS. I've still got a couple loads to do today, but they're just comforters. All the clothes are washed, dried, folded and put away. That is such a good feeling.

I want to take down the crib but don't have anywhere to put it or a box in which to keep it protected. I figure I'll make a box out of multiple boxes, but in the mean time I need a staging area, if you will. I figured I'd use the guest room for that, but with my parents coming on Sunday and spending the night that's not a good idea, so I guess I'll wait until after their visit.

Today during The Bug's nap, while Sweet Pea is at school, I am hoping to go through a bunch of boxes and post a bunch of stuff on Freecycle. There are quite a few boxes sitting around the house just waiting to be donated or freecycled or otherwise given away, but they've been sitting there so long I don't remember what's in them! Hopefully I can get most, if not all, of those cleared out of the house this week.

That's the plan... I guess Spring Fever has taken hold, because I just have so many plans in my head for cleaning and clearing and decluttering. There's so much to do it's hard to know where to start, which usually stops me in my tracks, but I'm trying to take it small chunks at a time this year so I can actually get things accomplished.

As for today, we're off to a good start. The girls were in the shower with me so everyone's all squeaky clean and Sweet Pea even got dressed and I got her hair up before breakfast today, which is quite a feat. Now we're just playing until it's time to go to school.

My parents spoke with my brother and sister-in-law over the weekend and learned that the bank where my sister-in-law works was held up recently. Thankfully nobody was hurt and my sis-in-law was nowhere near the teller window where it happened. Apparently the guy who did the holdup had just gotten out of jail two days before and he did a really stupid, sloppy job of the robbery. He broke the teller window, which alerted everyone in the bank to the fact that something was wrong. Immediately there were bank staff as well as bank customers calling 911, so the guy was caught the second he stepped out of the bank. My sister-in-law and my dad figured maybe he liked it better in jail.

No comments: