Friday, February 03, 2006

And there was much rejoicing

We had a jolly day celebrating Miss Thing's potty accomplishments. I blew up a bunch of balloons for her and she sat among them in a sunbeam on the floor for a "picnic" in the early evening.

Daddy was so proud of Miss Thing that he had a similar inspiration and brought home a dozen big helium balloons for her! When I commented that balloons were the perfect thing for today he said, "it's almost like I have a spycam mounted in the living room and know exactly what's going on at home every day!" Weirdo.


Dig the hot pink training pants cover. And the sock that's missing, well, that had to come off earlier in the day because it had poop all over it. Hee.


Tonight I practically had to use a crowbar to pry Miss Thing off the potty. She had been playing all day with nothing coming out of her, which started to worry me around dinnertime. I started plying her with juice every ten minutes or so and asking often whether or not she needed to sit on her potty and go pee-pee. She would drink, but did not feel the need to go on the potty. Well, a while later, I was in the bathroom and heard her whine in the living room. I thought she was just upset that I was gone for a little while, but when she came in, her training pants were leaking. A lot. Pee-pee everywhere on the bathroom floor, and who knows how much on the hallway carpet. Oh well.

As soon as she peeled off her training pants she ran to sit on her potty again. We drew pictures for a long time but I didn't think she would be going again anytime soon, since she had just leaked what appeared to be a complete bladder-full. However, not too long later, she peed again in her potty, and was very excited to hear it happening. She said, "do you feel it?" which I have asked her before when she's going, and I said, "no, *I* don't feel it, because it's coming out of you. Do *you* feel it?" She said, "yes, I do," with a smile of wonder on her face. As soon as she was finished, she stood up to survey the contents of her potty and I took the opportunity to wipe her bum. I asked if she was ready for her bath and she said, "no, I want to go pee-pee on my potty again!" Ha ha! Oh boy. It took a while to get her to get up and take a bath and get to bed. But hey, the potty's her friend now. I'm not going to complain about that!

No comments: