Thursday, October 19, 2006

It All Balances Out

No worries, Christina and others pondering how life will be with a second child. Really, it does all balance out. I tend to blog about my worst days. ha ha!

The day after my last post, I was able to get a shower as soon as I got up while the baby slept, and the girls and I got out to the grocery store and did an hour+ long shopping trip (we hadn't been for a long time and had a lot of shopping to do!). In the afternoon, Sweet Pea and I made pumpkin rolls.

Yesterday some friends called in the morning and told me they both had the day off and asked if I would like them to come over and help me with anything. You bet I jumped on that! They brought lunch too, which totally rocked. Then they helped me fix a shelf paper oops I had made in the kitchen that had slowed my unpacking (I put that no-skid shelf paper in a cabinet rather than the drawers, and was having a difficult time getting my pans out of the cabinet because they wouldn't slide, while my spices, silverware, etc. were sliding all over the place in the drawers). After that we just sat around and chatted for a couple hours, and it was heavenly to have the company.

Happily, Slipshod is also making a very concerted effort to come home for dinner. He balances coming home earlier by doing work from home while I'm getting the kids to bed, but it is SO great just to have him in the house, even if he can't do family stuff part of the time.

Yesterday The Bug did not nap AT ALL. I kept telling her that she really needs to nap three times a day, she's a 4-month-old baby, fer cryin' out loud. But she responded by grabbing my hand or whatever else happened to be close enough and chewing on it like there was no tomorrow. I hope those two bottom teeth pop through the gums soon, and she starts getting more rest until the next batch.

Today, thankfully, both kids are napping simultaneously. I want to go do some shelf papering and unpacking upstairs, but had to pop a post on here to say that it's really not all bad. Difficult, yes, but over all the good outweighs the bad - and I haven't fallen down the stairs since Monday... ha ha!

Sweet Pea has not had any can't-get-to-the-potty-in-time accidents for four days, going on five, and we had two longish outings during those days. She's a pro! :o) I'm unbelievably psyched that we're suddenly in the land of little girl panties and NO MORE DIAPERS FOR THE TODDLER! WaHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

2 comments:

Stahl family said...

Way to go SWEET PEA!!! I hope we start having that kind of toddler success around here!

Glad to hear you had some company and a good day to balance those not-so-good ones! are overwhelming us! :)

Julie said...

Sounds like things are getting back to normal for you all. Great!