Monday, April 10, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away!



Today Sweet Pea and I went out for a short walk before her nap.

TWO HOURS later, we finally dragged my sorry butt back into the house. She had stopped so many times to pick flowers, talk to the bushes, ask me about the bugs, try to take rocks from people's flower beds, etc. that I had gotten a bit cross at the end and finally just started walking home and she had to run to catch up with me because she didn't want me to leave her. Not the best policy in a traffic-heavy neighborhood, I know, but she was not responding to anything else, I was too tired to pick her up and it was too far to carry her home, and I just wanted to GET THE HECK BACK HOME.

Without my watch I had had no idea how much time had passed. I thought it seemed so long because I was tired to begin with, and my big belly was dragging me down. When we got back in the house and I saw that it had actually been two hours since we left, I had to stop myself from crying about three times. We completely missed naptime and still hadn't eaten lunch. So I whipped up some grilled cheese and baby carrots, which Sweet Pea completely ignored, and I ate while she ran around with the kitties. Where she found such energy today I have no idea, but mine was completely zapped.

A couple hours later I finally got her to sit down and eat some cereal, and she nearly fell asleep in it. When she was done (or as done as she was going to be), I said, "okay, come here," and she scooted over to me saying, "Mama, I don't want to go to bed." Then she promptly fell asleep on my shoulder when I picked her up. I got her into bed (at 6pm) and changed her diaper without waking her. I hope this lasts, because I am wildly exhausted myself and am almost ready to crawl in there with her. I just came out to wash the dishes, finish this post, and get some laundry put away.

Good night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sick of this rain!!!!!!