Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Only One Month Left - Maybe!

I think the baby dropped yesterday. I didn't notice when Sweet Pea dropped (an entire month before her birth), but yesterday I started noticing that my belly looked lower. And it felt lower. And EVERY time I stand up, I have to run to the bathroom! Make that waddle. I haven't been able to run or even walk normally for a long time.

Last night I fell asleep worrying about delivering early. There's still so much to do - we're not ready. But after 9 hours in bed last night which, despite being interrupted by potty breaks and sore hips, was rather restful, I feel ready to get going again today. But I've decided I'd better switch my focus a little, away from so much cleaning and toward gathering the rest of the items we need to have on hand for the birth! Could be important... and our midwives don't even know how to get to our house. I should probably send directions. And print directions to the hospital in case we need to transfer. And interview doulas and hire one (we're not 100% sure both midwives will be able to be here for the birth and would like to have another person on hand) And stuff like that. Whee...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Both mind came early!

Keep us posted. Make sure Slipshod has the blog login!

Violet the Verbose said...

Shall do. To date we don't do early babies in our family (not just me - my mom, my sister...) - but a couple people have pointed out to me, "there's always a first time!" Eep!

I hope to post a couple pictures pretty quickly after the birth.

Anonymous said...

I have never notice my belly dropping and also have false sense of security about due dates :-) I was born right around my due date (+/- 2 days) and so are my own kids so I was pretty relaxed during my pregnancies too until people remind me the baby could be much earlier :-) Thank goodness for me they weren't!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you. I have a 20 month old son, and I do want another baby soon, but I'm scared. I had pre-eclampsia with the first pregnancy and was on bedrest for almost 8 weeks. I hope everythng goes well for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a smooth labor and delivery!

Mocha said...

Hey, Violet! I didn't even realize through all the comments I read from you on QofS that you were going to have a baby! Congrats! (seems late considering you've dropped already)

Now I'll look forward to your progress. ;-)