Saturday, May 27, 2006

Baby Names

No, I'm not giving anything away. Sorry! You'll find out when the baby's born - if we've decided by then. Slipshod says we can't send out an announcement without a name in it, but I disagree. I think that's perfectly acceptable if you haven't decided yet. And of course I won't be posting her real name on my blog anyway - you'll know her here as Petal, like it says on the baby ticker.

Anyway - I awoke to a very silly toddler this morning. Last night before I went to bed, HOURS after everyone else (because Slipshod fell asleep in front of the TV while I washed the dishes and brought in the clean laundry, grr), I finally sat for a while and searched on girls' names on the Internet (I still don't understand why that word is supposed to be capitalized). So this morning, to keep Sweet Pea amused while I was trying to wake up enough to physically get out of bed, I asked her what she thought about some of the names I had thought sounded good. She said "no" to each name in turn, and instead suggested, after each name that I suggested, "we're going to name the baby Boggle Joggle!"

So a big THANK YOU to MY sister for that. HA HA HA HA HA! She visited us on Wednesday and taught Sweet Pea the Boggle Joggle idea. Silly goof.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Hahahaha! We didn't decide on Cordelia's name until a few weeks before she was born. She was originally going to be named Katherine, but slowly the name Cordelia started to sound better and better. I reserved the right to change her name once we met her, but when she was born, I took one look at her and said "She's Cordelia."