Monday, June 11, 2007

The (Bug's First Birthday) Party

Of course there was the requisite first birthday cake-all-over-the-face moment. Well, frosting, in this case. The Bug didn't even taste it. Just smeared it all over her face. It's like she knew what we were waiting for and didn't want to disappoint.

The Bug ever-so-sweetly wanted to share with me. (Did I mention that I got my hair cut? I love it!) Twenty minutes or so later my sister said, "you know you still have frosting on your nose and the side of your face, right?" I didn't. Glad she was here to help me out! Yeesh!



Sweet Pea "read" The Bug's new kitty cat book aloud to her. As you can see, The Bug was very interested.



Last gift opened was a bag of balloons from some friends, which they encouraged me to pour over the birthday girl's head. It was a great gift idea, and all the kids had a really good time with the balloons - until they (the balloons, not the kids) were all popped, about 15 minutes later. We were told that they tend to last longer if you dump them indoors. ha ha!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Christina said...

Great pics! She looks like she had a great time at her party.

And shorter hair? Let's see a full on shot of it!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday little one!!

Stahl family said...

I can't believe she is a whole year already! Happy birthday little one! Many more to you all!

Looks like both sisters had a good time at the party! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated B-day, Bug! I can't believe it's been a year already!