Monday, May 07, 2007

Bleh.

It's so pretty outside - summer weather - and the girls and I are sick. Colds. The Bug and I have actually had this since last Monday. I thought we were both pretty close to being over it, but suddenly we're both worse today. She is a LOT worse. And now Sweet Pea has it. She woke up in the middle of the night Saturday night with a sore throat and since then has also gotten a stuffy nose and post nasal drip. Joy.

Of course we can still do our usual thing at home, but we haven't played with the family across the street for over a week and we miss them! We can't go over, though - they have a newborn, and even if they didn't it wouldn't be nice to go over there with the girls snotty nosed and sneezing.

Oh well. It was a partylicious weekend for Dad. We had a lot of fun but it was also supremely disruptive to our routine. I always go on about not having a schedule, but when we have weekends like that, it seems like we really do, because we get so screwed up by late dinner reservations and stuff like that. Today we are laying low and would be even if we weren't sick. Today I just want to lay around, eat, play, and not be reponsible for anything other than the usual safety of my children.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doug and Dawson have colds, too. They're both at home, miserable, while I'm stuck working.

Actually, I don't mind. Boys (and husbands) are whiny!

Anonymous said...

We're sick too. I say we all just go to bed until June.