Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Am Freaking Brilliant

So, while Sweet Pea is taking an hour and a half to get dressed for school, I've started going through some boxes that have been sitting around upstairs waiting to be unpacked. I found all my maternity clothes and started mourning not being able to wear them anymore. Not because I want to be pregnant again, geez! No, I was feeling sad because some of my maternity shirts are WAY cuter than my regular clothes and I was going to have to give them away. But one of them didn't look so wide and I tried it on and decided to keep it and see if it could pass as a normal shirt. THEN it hit me: DUH, I have a sewing machine. I can take in my cutest maternity shirts and KEEP them and WEAR them! I can have cute clothes without shopping, which I hate to do! YEAH! And, this means I don't have to give away or sell clothes that I like a lot but didn't get to wear very long. Besides that, the maternity shirts are longer than my usual shirts, which seem too short this winter. I'm all excited. I probably won't keep that many of the shirts, but I can think of two I definitely do want to keep, and maybe there are a couple more. My summer is looking a little cuter this year.

** NOTE: Okay, so now that I've looked through the box with a more discerning eye it's only two shirts. But still. Good idea, no?

3 comments:

Karen Sugarpants said...

UGH! I wish I'd thought of that before I gave all of mine away! Brilliant!

Stahl family said...

WOW!! What a great idea! I wish I could find my maternity clothes...

carina said...

Hi,

You have a nice blog. A 40-week pregnancy is really just a blip in our whole life time, but the problem with clothing during that time is very painful. Keeping this in mind, two best friends and mother of two children each started http://www.bellybundles.com. We have high quality maternity clothes there and we would like to hear your feedback on our products.

Thanks,
Carina - Maternity clothing